Beaches & Borders Are Open!!!
Greetings from sunny & warm Playa Santa Teresa! Costa Rica Beach Rentals team knows this year has thrown us some curve balls but we are here to make them beach balls at least! Costa Rica has slowly been easing up on the entry requirements and restrictions for the last few months proving to keep our town & country a healthy one. Here is a brief overview of current entry requirements & an idea of regulations of what to expect while visiting & enjoying our beach town.
Entry Requirements (as of November 25th, 2020)
Starting November 1st, 2020 Costa Rica announced that visitors from anywhere in the world were welcome to enter the country for tourism and do not need to present a negative COVID test. Visitors will still need to present the following:
- Proof of Travel Medical Insurance
- This insurance must be either a policy from the approved INS or Sagicor or a foreign policy that covers COVID-19 related medical expenses & extended lodging.
- That the policy remains effective throughout the visit to Costa Rica
- That it covers COVID-19 medical expenses of at least $50,000 USD
- That it covers at least USD $2,000 for lodging expenses.
- Completed Health Pass Epidemiological Form
– Click here to complete the form (https://salud.go.cr/)
- Valid Passport & Return/Exit Ticket within 90 days or arrival
Local Restrictions (as of November 25th, 2020)
As of October 15th, 2020 the beaches & limited national parks have reopened for those to enjoy, of course maintaining safe distances from others). Here are some brief points to know before you arrive:
- Beaches are open weekdays 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. & weekends 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Masks & hand washing are required at ALL banks, supermarkets, pharmacies & retail shops.
- Restaurants are permitted to be open for dine-in service weekdays until 10 p.m. & weekends until 9 p.m. (Delivery Hours Differ)
- Rental Vehicles are exempt from driving restrictions.
Costa Rica Beach Rentals team is dedicated to making your trip a safe & memorable one. Our staff have been taking extra precautions to ensure your safety while enjoying paradise on earth! Contact us today to help plan your much-needed beach getaway.